GO TO BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND WATCH AN AMAZING VIDEO MADE BY JESSALYNN (AN AMAZING BIRTH MOM)

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jennilee's Adoption Story...

This is Jennilee's adoption story. She became a birth mom at the age of 21. Many of you might recognize her from adoptionvoices.com or her adoption video
http://foreverbirthmom.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-adoption-video.html

I appreciate her willingness to share her thoughts and story with us. It takes a lot of courage and strength to do this and I applaud her selfless love. Thanks Jennilee! You’re an amazing person and Birth Mother!

I placed my son almost 6 years ago. I had no idea how my life would change. It was the hardest decision in my life. I don't think there is anyway to prepare for placement or how your life will change. My adoption story has changed my life for the better. I wouldn't be the same woman I am today. At the end of my pregnancy I was having a hard time. I didn't want it to end. I didn't want to say goodbye to my son. I know now that it wasn't an end but a new beginning. I was blessing a couple to be able to be parents. Placement was bittersweet. I was happy for them but sad to be letting go of my son. I held him as long as I could during placement. I fed him and changed him one last time. We talked a lot.

My family asked questions. We took lots of pictures. I felt the best thing for him, was to place him for adoption so that he could have both a mom and a dad. I have gained a testimony of adoption and how it blesses so many lives. My life has been so blessed by open adoption. I love my son. I still miss him and think of him often. I am not sad though. I don't regret my decision. I know I did what was best for my baby.
What was your plan of openness in this adoption? We had agreed to write letters weekly at first and send pictures. I did not know that my adoption would be more open and that I would get visits. I asked for a visit after finalization. I have had 4 visits since placement and plans for another this summer. I have a great relationship with the couple and feel they are an extended family.
How do you feel about your adoptive couple that you chose? I love them very much. They have helped me a lot through the hard times and are always excited for me whenever I have good news. I love open adoption. I am able to have a healthy relationship. I get letters and pictures yearly now. I know that my son is happy, healthy and gets everything he needs and more. He is loved by so many. He will never have to question why I placed. He will grow up knowing he is adopted and that I love him.

I am now married to a wonderful man. The adoptive couple and my son were able to be at my reception. I don't have any children with my husband yet, but I look forward to being a mom. I know that my adoption experience will make me a better mom. I understand what unconditional love is and what a child needs more than I did before. I plan to tell my future children about my birth son.

I feel my adoption experience has changed my life and has shaped me to the woman I am today.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What an amazing story and an amazing woman! She is a true gift to this world. I can't imagine how hard her road has been but I know that she is gift given to this world by GOD. I love her story and her courage. Thank you so much for sharing.


    Beth

    WWW.JUSTINBETH.COM
    WWW.JUSTINBETH.WORDPRESS.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story! I admire your strength.

    ReplyDelete